Burn your memories in the blockchain – You have no doubt heard of the principle of time capsules. It is generally a question of integrating objects, photos and / or writings from the present in a sealed box or safe. These artefacts will become traces of the past, searchable in the future. The project Ternoa is working to offer you the digital version of these time capsules, based on blockchain technology. Discovery.
This is a promotional article written in collaboration with Ternoa.
Time-based transmission via blockchain
To fully understand the philosophy of the project Ternoa, nothing better than to bring here an extract from their white paper (available in French):
“Memories are an essential part of who we are. (…) Media such as images, sound and texts allow us to fix and remember what we have been. The supports also give the possibility of passing the memories on to the generations which succeed us so that they can continue to celebrate the memory of those who have left. (…) Memories are therefore precious goods that we must be able to treat as such ”.
Extract from white paper Ternoa
Indeed, although the digital age allowed to transcend sharing our memories. It is above all their sustainability in the long term which makes default.
The society Capsules Corp., which develops the blockchain Ternoa, has just released a solution to store and transmit, securely, your precious souvenirs.
An innovative blockchain, designed on 3 main principles
In order to guarantee the preservation in time, then the consultation at the opportune moment of your memories. Blockchain Ternoa is governed by 3 fundamental principles:
- A blockchain infrastructure true to the essence distributed ledger technology (DLT), namely: open source, decentralized and democratic ;
- An accessible and easy service usable by the general public, giving pride of place to user experiences optimized around everyday human-machine interfaces: web and mobile applications known to all;
- An economic model linked to native token of the Ternoa blockchain, offering investors a value creation, equitable, and directly correlated to the success of the project.
These principles are implemented thanks to the Ternoa blockchain, which allows secure storage and transmission data from your memories. On the other hand, a software development kit (Software Development Kit, or SDK) facilitates the creation of mobile or web applications, in order to multiply use cases.
The use case of Ternoa time capsules
The Capsule Corp. teams managed to develop, thanks to the SDK kit, l’application Ternoa which is a first concrete use case of the temporal preservation Datas.
The Ternoa application thus makes it possible to encrypt, store, and transfer data in a secure manner over the long term. These memories then become real time capsules digitized, in the form of non-fungible tokens (NFT), issued on the Ternoa blockchain.
To better understand, let’s take a Example of use below :
The flow in green correspond to the stages of a user’s journey on the Ternoa application. This one can create a time capsule and transmit digital data to predetermined beneficiaries. Terme, four protocols will trigger the transmission some information :
- The Death Protocol for post-mortem transmission;
- The Consent Protocol for transmission based on the principle of activation activation by third parties and non-opposition by the sender;
- The Safe Protocol to store searchable information modeled on a digital safe;
- The D-Day Protocol to store and send data on a specific date.
The flow in blue correspond to steps “off-chain”(Excluding blockchain) completed when creating and sending time capsules.
The flow in purple, correspond to the stages of the journey running on the Ternoa blockchain (“on-chain“):
- The encryption Datas ;
- The storage on decentralized servers of specialized blockchains (such as Storj, Sia, or Arweave);
- The transmission and the deciphering asymmetric, thanks to the use of Smart Contract
The Ternoa blockchain relies on the work environment Substrate and the blockchain Polkadot (DOT).
This ecosystem allows the use of delegated proof of stake (or Nominated-Proof-of-Stake, NPOS) to validate transactions and secure data.
This also allows interoperability between blockchains, the creation de Smart Contracts, or the management famous NFT (Non Fongible Token), like digital time capsules.
The Ternoa project is an exciting initiative, which harnesses the under-exploited potential of blockchain technology.
Focused on preserving data over the long term, the Ternoa blockchain and its applications bring a new perspective and clear improvements in the way we convey our memories. Its time capsules are however only the hidden face of the iceberg, and concepts combining ingenuity and creativity risk flourishing at breakneck speed.
If you want to know more about the Ternoa project, do not hesitate to visit their website: ternoa.com, or on their development page GitHub. The full version of white paper of the project is available there.